- 4 seconds of exercise improves fitness, strength, and general physical performance.
- University of Texas in Austin research: 39 men & women, aged 50-68
- Technique known as "HIIT": High Intensity Interval Training (on stationary bikes)
- Quick spurts of exercise followed by rest, repeated several times.
- Positive effects within 8 weeks.
- Fitness increased 10%.
- More muscle mass in legs.
- Arteries less stiff.
- Replicate effects by running, jumping in place, as hard as possible.
Learn more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/30/well/move/can-4-seconds-of-exercise-make-a-difference.html?surface=home-discovery-vi-prg&fellback=false&req_id=84610525&algo=identity&variant=no-exp&imp_id=421541979&action=click&module=Science%20%20Technology&pgtype=Homepage