- It may now be possible to use painless, rapid, non-invasive, and affordable swab to diagnose and monitor progression of Parkinson's Disease
- Research by University of Manchester/Michael J. Fox Foundation; involved 200 participants
- 85% accurate
- Swabbed back skin, analyzed compounds; found 10 distinct "Sebum-based biomakers"
- 2 in 3 Parkinson's patients develop "oily skin" with distinct smell
- May also help with rapid COVID-19 detection tests
Learn more at: https://www.technologynetworks.com/diagnostics/news/simple-skin-test-can-detect-parkinsons-disease-341896