- New research from the National Kidney Foundation.
- Revealed that 1 in 3 Americans don't know they have kidney disease.
- Kidney disease shows few clear signs or symptoms.
- 5 risk factors: heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, and family history of kidney issues.
- The leading causes are poorly managed diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Life-threatening complications: Arteries narrow, weaken, or harden, affecting proper blood supply.
- Blacks are 4 times more likely to have kidney failure.
- Ask your doctor for a urine test called uACR, or a blood test called eGFR.
Learn more at: https://www.phillyvoice.com/kidney-disease-risk-factors-diabetes-high-blood-pressure-heart-disease/