- European research on middle-aged women, aged 40 and up
- High blood pressure "written off" by doctors & women as menopausal symptoms, or "stress"
- Onset of menopause often coincides with higher BP
- Similar symptoms include: Hot flashes, insomnia, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, headaches, and shortness of breath
- As estrogen is depleted, protection erodes
- High BP is anything above 120/80
- Medication and exercise essential: don't drink, and don't delay proper treatment.
Learn more at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/high-blood-pressure-in-women-often-written-off-as-menopausal-symptoms